JTM Headshot.jpg

Hi friends!

Welcome to my little corner of Al Gore’s Internet. I’m Jareesa - I’m a scientist, a freelance writer, a knitter, wife to LM, mom to #BabyPi, and more. I love Queen Bey, squishy yarn, watching GBBO, and attempting to bake. Sometimes I rant, sometimes I rave, but I always tell the truth.

Atlanta recap

Last week I was in Atlanta for work, we had recruitment activities at GT. This was my second time going up for recruitment and I had been looking forward to it. I flew in Wed afternoon, and went straight to this hair shop that does $10 rollersets. Everything was great, except that I was there 2.5 hours and I really didn't like my hair when I left. The lady just refused to flatiron my roots correctly so it was poofy. I pulled it back and it calmed down some. I managed to check-in at the hotel, change, and then meet JR at the new chem building. I saw a couple of folks I knew, like my advisor, who I think was relieved that I wasn't holding up a "will do chemistry for food" sign. The info session was good, ran into some folks I met at the last info session. Once I finally made it back to the hotel, AH came over and wound up sleeping over, and the cuddle time was kinda nice.

Thursday we had interviews all day, so I spent my day directing students, answering the same 5 questions, and cracking jokes. I met JR for lunch and we got a chance to talk. I can tell that she's really freaked out about not having a job yet, and also that her defense is 3 weeks away. After interviews I met one of the recruiters for dinner, and I had some sushi at Strip, which was yummy, as always. CG stopped by for a quick minute, but I wasn't into watching the debate (still boycotting) so he dipped.

Friday was pretty much like Thursday. Lots of interviews. I did go to the Varsity for lunch, and it was my first time there....and not bad, I probably should have gone when I was a Tech student. I took myself to dinner at Copeland's cause AH was too cool to join me. I was planning on hanging with JM that night, but she had to cancel, so I went to Dolce in Atlantic Station and met a couple kids I went to undergrad with. While I was there I met the party promoter and a saxophone player, and the latter was really cute. I wound up chatting him up and chilling with him for a bit at The Grape, and while I was there I met the owner of The Grape, who is very tall and very cute.

Saturday I screwed around a bit, I got some new bras from Intimacy (who also informed me that I had gone up a cup size - fail!), and stopped over VS's to see the baby. She is so cute! A very happy baby, she doesn't even cry. We had a good couple of hours, and then I was happy to give the baby back and I headed over to JM's. I love JM's house, I hope to be like her when I grow up. We wound up chatting and catching up for a bit, and then we got dressed and headed to dinner at Papadeaux's. We ate the bar cause it was packed and the bartender kept us entertained. Then we headed to The Grape, because the saxophone player was performing and he asked me to stop by for a bit. His band was really good. We didn't stay very long, and of course he sent me a text about it, but JM and I were both tired and I wasn't staying until midnight.

Sunday I was up and dressed, had a quick breakfast, then rushed to the airport to drop off the car and make my flight. My flight was totally booked and the two folks next to me were Chatty Cathy's, but overall it was ok. It was nice to get back to Orlando, I was tired of traveling.

Once again, another good time in Atlanta....I get to do it all over again in 3 weeks.

October news

Moving is Hell