We made it out of January, the month that seemed to never end - yay! Also it's Black History Month - yay!
High of the week: Gotta be the Chick-Fil-A opening down the street from my house! Oh and the Super Bowl has been in town so I suppose that was cool too.
Low of the week: Not getting out for all the Super Bowl events. I thought about it...but I'm old. And poor. And I have a baby and a full-time job. I would have loved to hit all the parties and whatnot, but I'm just not cut out for that life anymore. Oh well...
What I read this week:
- HQ Fans Are Pissed And Deleting Their Apps After Discovering The Company Is Getting Funding From Peter Thiel - Buzzfeed. HQ Trivia is hella problematic anyway, so this is just another reason to get rid of the app.
- Fixer Upper Culture - Buzzfeed. Don't judge me for my HGTV addiction, k?
- How to Not Die in America - Jezebel. This is HEARTBREAKING. And terrifying. And maddening. America and it's insistence that only the rich deserves healthcare is so infuriating.
- I Asked 13 Black Women a Question I Needed to Answer Myself - Man Repeller
- How the 'Grassroots Resistance' of White Women Shaped White Supremacy - Jezebel. A riveting read and a reminder that white women are just as problematic as white men.
- Why We Disrespect Low-Carb Diets - MEL Magazine. I'm currently doing lazy Keto so this really spoke to me.
- The Super Bowl won’t shine light on Minneapolis’ racial and economic problems The city’s disparities are among the worst in the country - The Undefeated
- The Insecure playlist on Spotify (I rewatched Season 2 last weekend, which caused me to listen to the playlist all week)
- This tweet thread about the real story of Milli Vanilli
- This beautiful story published on Narratively - How Dad Lost His Voice — And Finally Learned to Listen
- Finding cool knitting patterns on Ravelry - I'm lining up my next projects!
This week's goals: Same as last week!
Enjoy your week!