Hey all! I'm trying out something new, a quick recap of the previous week. Let's see how consistent I can be with this thing.
High of the week: #BabyPi's birthday! We had a small party for her which was a lot of fun. As I expected, my child was NOT into the smash cake, or cake at all, but she enjoyed everything else. Thanks to all who celebrated with us, or just wished my baby girl a happy birthday.
I can't believe I have a one year old! Just when I got the hang of parenting a baby, now I have a toddler and it's a whole new world. Currently taking all your toddler parenting tips - thanks!
Low of the week: Unfortunately my mom wasn't able to make it for Phi's birthday. I did and do understand, but I was still slightly bummed. But on the plus side, she'll be here in a few days for a belated celebration!
Bae of the week: LM! Besides being a great dad, he was the party photographer and got some great shots. And last week was #J5 so he can get some extra love this week :-)
Best stuff I read this week:
- Colin Kaepernick’s Clothes Do the Talking for Him - Racked
- The simple packing math that means you never, ever need to check a bag - Quartz
- employee sent out photos of a coworker’s stoma bag — what should I do? - Ask A Manager
- Gabrielle Union’s 10 Favorite Books - Vulture
- How Hospitals Are Failing Black Mothers - ProPublica
Goals for next week:
- Journal at least 3x in the week - not a bullet journal but just getting my thoughts out
- Complete some financial paperwork
- Figure out what fun stuff we're going to do during my mom's visit