Yes I'm really trying to make this a thing - what else should I talk about here?
This second week of January was super busy - shouldn't life be slowing down now? Or is my life gonna constantly be busy since I have a kid?
High of the week: My mom came to visit! In a twist of fate, it is the exact same weekend she was here last year, when Phi was first born. We've spent a lot of time hanging out, she met a few friends at a fun brunch, we went to the casino, and she's spent a lot of time being Grandma. It's always great to visit with my mom :-)
Low of the week: I had a crazy week at work and I wasn't as productive as I would have liked to have been. I also had to keep moving my status meeting with my boss...hopefully when we finally do meet in person, it will be a productive conversation
How'd I do on those goals from last week?
- I didn't journal at all, but I did buy some new colorful pens so that sorta counts right?
- I did get the financial paperwork taken care of - #win
- Totally figured out what I was gonna do with my mom, and we did about 25% of it due to weather.
Stuff I read/enjoyed this week:
- Not Everything Is a Side Hustle - The Cut
- Roxane Gay Exposed The Midwest Writers Workshop For Fatphobia On Twitter - BUST
- Hattie McDaniel, First Black Woman to Receive an Oscar, Gets a Biopic - Jezebel (This is awesome news btw, yay for my soror!)
- New mom Serena Williams had to talk her hospital staff through saving her life - Quartz (This is infuriating and timely given ProPublica's coverage of the maternal mortality rates of Black women)
- I Started the Media Men List - The Cut (extremely brave of her to out herself instead of letting Harper's do it, and Harper's is shitty shitty shitty for their article)
- Your Guide to the Three Billboards Backlash - Vulture
- Gabifresh x Swimsuitsforall 2018 - Gabifresh (These are FIERCE!)
- Full Transcript: Oprah Winfrey's Speech at the Golden Globes - The Atlantic (all hail Mother O!)
- Family Guy Yourself
- I think I want an air fryer - are they as awesome as yall make it seem on social media?
Goals for next week:
- Complete my two outstanding (as in due, not as in awesome) pieces and submit them for edits.
- Complete the next section of the Craftsy Steeking class - I'm working on a tablet case
- Finish the toddler scarf for Phi
- Bring coffee & lunch at least 4 days this week
- Journal at least once.
Have a great week everyone!