It's been a MINUTE since I've written here, but I have a good excuse - we bought a house! Ultimately we ended up closing a bit later than we expected, but once we closed, everything moved into hyperspeed. We moved into our house a week after we closed, and since then we've been unpacking and getting settled. So that's what I've been doing instead of writing here each week, but I REALLY miss this space, so I'm back!
High of the past weeks: Moving into our very first house is top of the list of highs - it's been an interesting experience, but I'm really happy we've taken this step. And strangely, I really fee like an adult now, even more than when I got married or had BabyPi. Along with moving, we also saw Black Panther twice, which was everything I needed and wanted plus more.
Low of the past weeks: MOVING IS A COMPLETE AND TOTAL PAIN IN THE ASS. ALSO FUCK MACY'S FURNITURE GALLERY. That is all.
Stuff I've read over the past weeks:
- Here’s How Fentanyl Took Over The US Drug Market In Just Five Years - Buzzfeed
- Julie Washington’s Quest to Get Schools to Respect African-American English - The Atlantic
- Fair Is Not the Default - Google
- How One Woman Completely Changed Tequila - Lenny Letter
- Why Isn’t Mary Seats As Famous As Sophia Amoruso? - Refinery29
- The Man Who Woke Up As An 8-Year-Old Boy - MEL Magazine
- The Bachelor Is Broken, So Here Are 7 Ways to Fix It - Vulture
- Here's Why This Insta-Famous Model Is Problematic - NYLON
- Iconic Black Sitcoms of the ’90s: A Visual Homage to Their Style and Influence - Man Repeller
- Most millennials don’t save because their employers don’t let them - Quartz
- Wreck-It Ralph 2 Trailer: Ralph Goes Online, Which Is Never a Great Idea - Vulture
- Why Tipping Is Bad For America - Eater
- What Those Cornell Pizza Studies Teach Us About Bad Science - Gizmodo
- The lost art of bending over: How other cultures spare their spines - NPR
- Donald Glover Can’t Save You - The New Yorker
- The epic story behind Nokia’s iconic ringtone - Quartz
- How a $90 Vet Bill Can Ruin Someone's Life - Lifehacker
- Why aren’t Nassar’s enablers going to prison, too? A culture of denial allowed girls to be abused - The Undefeated
- Here Are Shuri’s Best Black Panther One-Liners - Vulture
- Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ is a broad mix of African cultures—here are some of them - Quartz
- Let's Stop Shaming Women for Spending Money - Shondaland
Currently working on: Finding furniture and decor for our new house!
Have a great week everyone!